The holidays are fast approaching, so it is time to get ready for your house guests and the big holiday dinner. As we all know, the kitchen is the heart of the home, this is where we cook, eat, drink, and socialize especially during the holidays.
You want to impress your guests with a delicious meal but you also want to be the envy of your guests with appliances that are not only sleek and stylish but functional as well. There are a lot of choices when it comes to kitchen appliances, but you need to pay close attention to some key features that will benefit you in your holiday time of need.
- Electrolux offers an option that would be ideal for preparing a holiday meal. The Perfect Turkey option is exactly what it describes, it assists in helping you make a perfect turkey that your family will love. Check out this helpful video below showcasing Electrolux’s Perfect Turkey option.
- Storing your holiday groceries in your refrigerator to ensure that they are at their peak freshness when you start meal-prep is very important. Samsung’s Twin Cooling System controls the refrigerator and freezer independently with two separate evaporators. Since the cool air does not travel through the same duct there is no mixing of odours. Check out this helpful video showcasing the benefit of the Twin Cooling System.
- Having precise control over the temperature of your cooktop is extremely important during the holidays, especially when you have multiple burners going on at once. With the exclusive design of the Even Heat™ Torch Burner from KitchenAid, you will get a small flame for delicate simmering and a larger one that will distribute heat across the entire pan.
- Make your guests jealous with the all-new Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel appliances from Maytag. These smudge-resistant stainless steel appliances can handle daily wear and tear and are so easy to clean. So even though your kitchen will be the hub for the holidays, you won’t have to worry about constantly having to clean your appliances. Meet the Difonzo’s, a family of eight and their Maytag appliances.
- Clean-up is inevitable after a big holiday dinner, but while your guests are sitting around the table enjoying themselves, you constantly have to say “Pardon Me, I can’t hear you.” because your dishwasher is too loud. It’s time to look at the quietest dishwasher brand in North American*. Check out the following dishwasher from Bosch that has a decibel rating of 38 dBA. And if you want to know more about dishwasher dBA ratings, read our previous article What Are Those Dishwasher Decibel Ratings All About?
* Based on an average of sound ratings of 24″ Full Size Stainless Steel Tub dishwashers contained in major brands’ websites. Major brands defined as TraQline Top 5 Market Share December 2014.
- Your guests are hungry and before they eat all the appetizers and ruin their appetite, get your holiday meal to the table faster with induction technology. Watch this video from Frigidaire Gallery on why you should make the switch to induction. Give yourself a gift for the holidays; you can reduce your energy bill with induction cooking that is 70% more efficient than gas and 20% more efficient than electric.
These are just a few features to consider, but you may want to check out all the other great features from the different brands by visiting brandsource.ca.
Isabelle, Your Appliance Expert