We all love our sofas. Life revolves around them: family reunions, TV night with your hubby, and sleepy afternoons with man’s most loyal friend. These are the reasons why sofas are an important part of our homes. With time, our precious sofa and more specifically the fabric experience the effect of life’s wear and tear. To prevent this from happening, choose a performance fabric that can extend the life of your sofa.
Why choose performance fabrics?
Performance fabrics are carefully engineered to be durable and resistant to wear and tear. They were originally designed to sustain any damage from the outside environment. Thanks to technology, we can now enjoy all the benefits of performance fabrics in the comfort of our living room. Different types of performance fabrics are available to you ranging from basic patterns to designer-inspired collection. There is definitely a look and feel for every budget. Some of the
Different types of performance fabrics are available to you ranging from basic patterns to designer-inspired collection. There is definitely a look and feel for every budget. Some of the best-known brands include Sunbrella, Crypton and Revolution but you may find some other brands from the larger fabric mills.
Watch Sunbrella’s durability challenge.
Performance Fabric Features
Not all performance fabrics are made the same. Some features vary depending on the brand. Here are the most outstanding ones:
- Resistance to sunlight: This means that the fabric won’t fade away. You no longer have to worry about direct sunlight so you can place your sofa wherever you want in your room.
- Long-lasting: The resilient nature of the fabric makes it ideal for high-traffic areas. The fabric will keep its original softness for a longer time.
- Easy cleaning: Any spills or dirt can be easily cleaned with water or common household cleaning agents.
- Stain-resistant: This is particularly important when you think about a potential colour transfer from your clothes to the fabric.
- Odour-free: Avoid any uncomfortable odours thanks to the encapsulating technology that protects the fabric.
- Moisture: The technology protects the fabric against moisture which can cause health threatening bacteria to build-up.
Life happens! But there is no reason why your sofa must suffer. Choose a good performance fabric and avoid any headaches.