Source: Vicello Kitchen
A great kitchen can be so much more than just the heart of your home. A great kitchen combines exceptional style with exceptional functionality, and we’ve got just what trends to look for in 2020 when it comes to updating your kitchen.
Trend #1: Hidden Gems
From hidden or surprising storage to high tech appliances, kitchens in 2020 and beyond have a lot of gems waiting for you to discover.
- We’ve been seeing kitchens getting sleeker over the past few years, and headed into 2020 we’re looking to clean the lines up even more. Discreet handles on all cupboards and drawers, or hidden entirely with undermounted pulls create a new look with a gentle nod to the sleek mid-century.
Source: Kresswell Interiors
- Love your morning latte but hate seeing the messy coffee station? A trend on the rise and reaching full peak in 2020 for kitchens is hidden storage stations, perfect for your morning coffee routine, toaster, and other countertop clutter.
- Hidden from view but a gem for any avid entertainer are today’s smart appliances. With remote features, and more cooking capabilities than ever before you will never look at your oven as ‘just an oven’ (or your other appliances!)
- A complete reversal of the oversized and statement range hood, 2020 kitchen trends bring with it a hidden range hood. Discreet and more intimately integrated into the design, range hoods for 2020 are blending in rather than booming ‘look at me!’.
Source: Vicello Kitchen
Trend #2: Clever Kitchen
From clever storage solutions to clever cooking technologies, a big trend for kitchens in 2020 is all about getting smart!
- An organized pantry and clever (and clear!) storage solutions are all the rage in taking your kitchen plastic free in 2020. Organized, labelled, and ready for any dinner party and last-minute cupcake request. Kitchens in 2020 will be just what Martha Stewart always wished for us.
- With more small space living we are seeing lots of creative solutions for storage, especially for those who are regular entertainers. Increasingly, a giant storage wall – entirely covered in practical and accessible storage is making smaller spaces incredibly functional.
- Not just clever, but smart! Kitchens in 2020 are connected and offering up smart solutions in everything from faucets to appliances. With smart charging stations, remotely controlled kitchen lighting, and smart ovens responding to voice controls, kitchen design in 2020 and beyond is very clever indeed.
Trend #3: Colour
After years of all white kitchens we have started to see more and more colour return to the kitchen, and 2020 is no exception!
- Not ready to brave all blue cabinetry just yet? A big trend for kitchen is two tones, with a darker colour on the bottom cabinetry and lighter on the top.
Source: Rebecca Hay Designs
- Warm up the countertops with natural wood, creating a timeless and classic look (no matter what colour the cabinets are).
- It might technically be the absence of colour, but black is back baby. Expect to see black cabinets taking kitchens by storm in 2020 (see main image). Or forget paint on the cabinets and go with another trend we are seeing for kitchens, the warm natural wood cabinet. Combined with a laminate countertop, this creates a timeless sophisticated look that isn’t too stuffy.
- And yes, you guessed it! Look out for even more colour in your appliances.
Need some help picking out what hot new appliance your kitchen will enjoy in 2020? Check out our helpful appliance buying guides or come to our store where one of our experts will assist you in finding the perfect kitchen appliances for your needs.
Isabelle, Your Appliance Expert